Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baby Bullets ;)

We have been busy! Here's what's up with us.
  • Last week we joined Paulette and Annalise in Shell Beach for a few days. Her parents have a beautiful vacation home there just a few houses in from the ocean. The weather wasn't very summer-like, but I enjoyed the fog and the cool temperatures. One particularly wonderful moment was the walk I took late one afternoon with Michaela in her Baby Bjorn. We walked down the street that parallels the ocean. The sun was out then, and the breeze was just right. I felt very happy and content in the time it took to take our walk. I haven't had too many moments like that since Michael went home, and they really stand out when they occur. I did wish he was there with us, but sharing the moment with Michaela was very sweet.
  • Before our little trip, my parents blessed me by giving me their Toyota Sienna. I had been driving my grandmother's seventeen year old Camry for the last two years, and it was fine until Michaela (and all her stuff) arrived. Now we have a safe and reliable vehicle, that holds all our stuff (like her stroller, our groceries, and the dog), and it's really comfortable, too. It was an answer to prayer because I knew I needed something better for us, but I just wasn't in the position to purchase a new vehicle.
  • I got my haircut today:

My hairdresser took several inches off and layered it. She also gave me a lot of suggestions for styling my hair quickly on school mornings. She's a mom. She gets it.
  • I am into these little felt hair clips for Michaela:


I had purchased one several years ago when I was anticipating the adoption of a little girl from China. I came across it in the top drawer of her dresser, and have since found several others for her on Etsy. With all of her hair, she can wear them easily. She doesn't like headbands, but these don't seem to bother her at all and they are so cute!
  • We are just enjoying every day together. I will have to return to work in four weeks, and it's something I don't even like to think about. I wish I could be a stay-at-home mom for her. There's no better job than being her mommy.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new 'do.

    She is too adorable for words! (felt hair clips, who knew?).

    http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of felt hairclips either, but they are adorable! I'm so glad you had a lovely time. Yes, there is no better job than being her mother! But, you do have to work, and being a teacher is a great mommy job if you have to work. I am praying your new position is a blessing to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, they are snap clips covered with felt decoration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haircut! Adorable, sweet baby girl!

    SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have the ones you gave me for Apple when we met at the dim sum place here. It was her first gift. My daughter has asked to use them for her doll, but I told her that they were for Mei Mei and she understood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were able to join us. It was a great to spend time with you and see Michaela she is such a wonderful baby and Motherhood is Gods greatest plan for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.