Saturday, January 24, 2015

Child/Lifestyle Photography 2015

I think I came across this idea on Facebook a few weeks ago. The goal is to take photographs weekly so that you have 52 photographs depicting your child or family life by year's end. I thought it was a great idea to get me using my camera on a regular basis, and thereby knowing how to use it better (maybe...).

Week 1 Prompt: 

Take an image of your child or family on the road that leads to your home. You could photograph your partner walking on the road pushing the pram or their child on their scooter or bike.  For an  effective composition, you could try using the lines of the road to lead your viewer to your subject. 


The street outside our home is not a safe place for a photo shoot, so I improvised by using the sidewalk instead. Michaela was practicing riding her new balance bike.



Week 2 Prompt:

What activities do you do together as a family when you are at home? Playing the wii, or a family board game, or do you all sit together to discuss the day? Choose one that the whole family is involved in, and photograph either the whole scene, or an element of it that will remind you of this time together later on. 


Well, this one was kind of difficult for me to envision because there's no way for me to capture both of us doing something. But, Michaela had received a camera for Christmas, and we both enjoy taking pictures outdoors. So that's the direction I went in...


I still need to take photos for weeks three and four. I was hoping to do that this weekend, but Michaela is sick. Hopefully, she'll be feeling better tomorrow and I can get caught up!

All prompts from Audrey Ann Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.