Sunday, November 15, 2015

Better Late Than Never - October Stitch Fix

Well, this has been a long time coming. I think I received this Fix the first week of October, took pictures and planned my post, and then the days just went by. As so often they do...

This was a very good Fix, but I only kept two items. I was being practical and frugal. I will say that I was somewhat disappointed that the kinds of things I'd requested were not available. I am still on the hunt for colored denim, but I'm giving up on the cargo-style vest or jacket I'd hoped for as fall is going to give way to winter soon enough. Maybe next year.

So here's what I received:




That is the Corinna Striped Dolman Top by Market & Spruce. I really liked this piece, but decided I didn't like it as much as I like a couple other items. So I returned it.





This was a keeper. It's the Alver Tie Neck Blouse by Collective Concepts. I wore it the very next day with the black Liverpool jeggings (I can't believe I own a pair of jeggings...) I had received in one of my pre-cruise Fixes, and a pair of wedge booties. After school, I had a meeting with the superintendent of my school district, and she really liked my blouse. So I told her about Stitch Fix. Wouldn't it be funny if we both wore the same blouse one day? ;)




I ended up keeping this one, too. It's the Colibri Soid Tab Sleeve Blouse by 41Hawthorn. I think the color is very flattering on me, and it just happens to be my new school's color. We often wear green on Fridays, and I was happy to add another option to my wardrobe for that purpose.





I do wish I'd kept this piece! It's the Martina Slub Knit Open Cardigan by Pixley. I thought it was a very versatile piece, and I liked the way it looked on me. Oh, well...

This last piece was a stinker in my opinion:




It's the Alcott Jacket by Skies are Blue. Just not my thing - I didn't even take any photos of me trying it on. Returned!

So there it is. If you'd like to know more about Stitch Fix, or would like to schedule your first Fix, you can use this link to access their website. If you do schedule a fix, I will receive a referral credit - and you will receive a box of goodies based on your style and preferences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.