Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm Still Here

Okay, so I've been away from the blog for much too long. My sister complained about the lack of posts tonight, and I was meaning to check in before the weekend was over. So, here I am.

I have missed blogging and you, my friends and readers. It's just that Michaela seems to be staying up later into the evening. By the time she goes down for the night, I don't have that much time before I need to get to bed myself. In fact there's usually just enough time to wash up some dishes, and put her toys away. Oftentimes she wakes up before I'm ready for bed, and then I'm practicing the fine art of brushing my teeth with a baby in one arm. So many things to do. So few moments without a little person wanting Mommy close by.

For those who have been concerned about my dad, he was diagnosed last week with a type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. His prognosis is very good. He will begin chemotherapy in the next couple of weeks. It sounds like he will be cancer free later this year, if he responds to treatment as well as his doctor expects him to. I am trusting the Lord to heal him.

Please be patient with me and keep me in your Google reader (or whatever you keep track of your favorite blogs with). I will be back to posting more consistently in the near future. In fact, you can count on another post when Michaela turns nine months old later this month. I'm hoping to get the blog a little makeover in the near future, too. Her sweet little face needs to be in the header. Don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. That sweet little face needs to be a billboard. =) I've added your dad to my prayer list. Keep us posted. (I'm giving up Facebook for a while, so you'll have to keep me up to date on your life here. <--- Perfect excuse to blog (although I do understand having little time or energy to do so at the end of the day.) I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, yes, yes.....she needs to be the main attraction and the header for the blog! She is such a sweetie! I love that I get to keep up with you and Michaela through Facebook. I know, though, that someday this blog will be such a great source of joy to Michaela and to you as you look back over the years. Just remember to be present in the time you are in now. Do not feel pressure to write or post. Being hands on and heart present for your little girl right now is the MOST important thing you can be doing! Which you are doing! You are doing a great job, Mom!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.