Thursday, October 18, 2012

Michaela @ Seventeen Months

Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch

Yikes! I can't believe I've only blogged once since Michaela's last "birthday". What can I say? The first month or two of school is crazy busy. Not much time to collect my thoughts. Know what I mean?

And then she was seventeen months old. Sigh...

My lovely daughter is tall and thin. She's still wearing 12-18 months sized clothing, and size three diapers. But, her feet keep getting bigger. The most recent shoes I purchased for her were size 6. I guess she's going to have big feet - like her mom.

She has so much to say these days. We were in the market earlier today, and as I read our list she tried to repeat after me. I couldn't believe it when she said "ginger". Wow!

Some of her new words and phrases are:

  • I do.
  • Go-go (for "Go, Diego, Go!")
  • dang-gu  (thank you)
  • two-chew (two chewies - her little cloth blankie things)
  • wa-wa and agua (water)
  • Ana (Auntie)
  • poo (poop)
  • pee (just what it sounds like)
  • cah (car)
  • uh-oh (said all the time, not just for accidental happenings) 
Michaela knows many of her body parts. She can point to her eyes, teeth, mouth, nose, toes, fingers, and hair when prompted.

Personality-wise, she's so much fun. She loves to play and be silly. Sometimes we'll just laugh for the fun of it. She loves to listen to music and dance. At Grammy and Papa's house she knows where all the stereos are, and she insists that my mom turn on the music. She's very affectionate. When we get into bed in the evening, she will throw her arm over my neck and give me a big hug. I even get a kiss from her now and then.

She's a bit a of Nick Jr. addict. That's my fault. Sigh... First thing in the morning, she proclaims "show!" That means she wants to watch television. Her favorites are Dora and Diego, and The Fresh Beat Band. She even says, "Oh, man!" like Swiper. Oh, my...

Anyway, we are getting used to our busy school-year routine, but also looking forward to some time off next month.
   

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to see this little munchkin again!!! She's grown so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.