~ Psalm 118:1 ~
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving - already. The years are going by so fast. It's kind of crazy. This will be my third holiday season without Michael. That's really crazy.
I think it's easy for me to get caught up in the preparations for the day and to not take the time to express my gratitude to God for what He has done, and is doing, in my life. I know that I am guilty of focusing more on what I think my life is lacking than what I've already been blessed with. Shame on me.
So here's my moment to reflect on some of my many blessings.
- I am thankful for what Jesus did on the cross for me.
- I am thankful that God has revealed himself to us in His word.
- I am thankful that he has seen me through the worst of the Valley of the Shadow of Death.
- I am thankful that Michael accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior because I can count on seeing him again one glorious day, and that gives me hope and comfort.
- I am thankful for our beautiful daughter, Michaela. She's my miracle.
- I am thankful for the loving and supportive family members and friends who help out in various ways and who pray for us.
- I am thankful to have a good job.
- I am thankful that Michaela and I are both healthy.
- I am thankful for my home.
- I am thankful that my dad was healed of cancer this year.
Although there has been great loss and many disappointments in my life, I can see that there is much good, too. I also know that the Lord is working everything together for my good (Romans 8:28).
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights,
with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
~ James 1:17 ~