Saturday, September 21, 2013

And Then It Was Fall

I thought I'd blog more often over the summer, but I just didn't have the time or desire to do so. Michaela and I were so busy with all of our summer activities. I had some thoughts and ideas for posts, but just felt apathetic about whether or not to share them here. It was a wonderful summer. Then before I knew it, I had to report back to work.

We have adjusted well to our new routine. I think this has been the easiest transition back to work since I had Michaela. She typically sleeps in until I'm just about done getting ready for work - so much easier than most mornings last year when she was a bit fussy and clingy. Now I get her up about thirty minutes before we need to leave. I hope that will continue, but with the upcoming time change it might not.

I have a good class of fifth graders, and a new teaching partner with whom I have a good friendship. It helps that we have a similar approach to teaching, and a shared worldview. She wasn't thrilled about moving up to fifth grade, but we make a good team.

Michaela is continuing to take swim lessons with Papa twice a week. She has become a swimmer! Two weeks ago she was promoted to the advanced Parent & Me class. Sadly, I was not there. It was sure to be the first of many times I will not be there for special moments. Such is the life of a working mom. Anyway, it has been exciting to watch her go from telling me that she was "all done" throughout her earliest lessons, to not wanting to get out of the pool. She swims underwater, floats on her back, and climbs out of the pool on her own. I'm very proud of her.

Grammy just started taking Michaela to two classes through her city's parks and recreation department. One day a week, Michaela takes a dance class for toddlers, and another day she does art and music for toddlers. Turns out I should not send her in cute new outfits for that class. Thankfully it was washable paint!

I hope to spend more time here in the near future. Life isn't at all what I thought it would be when I married Michael, but God has blessed me in unexpected ways. In continuing to blog, I hope to encourage others who have experienced loss more recently that God is good all the time, and He will take care of His own. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss you on FB but I understand if you are limiting your interactions there. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.