Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MRI Results

Everything is normal. Thank you, Lord.

While I'm grateful, I am surprised. I was almost certain that they were going to find something ugly in there. That's how much pain I'm in.

However, the neurologist said that this leads her to believe that I'm experiencing hormone-induced migraines, and she is hopeful they will go away as I get further into my second trimester. She told me to keep taking my pain meds (Vicodin), use hot and cold packs, have massages, and rest. If the headaches don't improve, she said that my OB can consider prescribing migraine medications for me.

I'm not scheduled to return to work until the second week of January, so I'm hopeful that I'll be over this before then. In the meantime, I will follow doctor's orders.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad there isn't anything more worrisome going on and I hope the pain meds bring some relief.

    One day at a time...

    http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I am so relieved! That baby needs you healthy. Migraines suck, but they are not life-threatening! I will pray for them to GO AWAY already! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a relief! Hoping your pain subsides quickly, Joannah. Glad to see you're following doctor's orders.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.