Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Day is Almost Here!


It has been a very busy week around here! I was able to get out for a full day of shopping on Monday while Michaela stayed home with Elizabeth. After not really being able to enjoy Christmastime since 2008 (before we knew Michael had cancer), it has been refreshing to focus on the blessings of the present and not the disappointments and heartaches of the recent past. With a baby it is hard to do it all, but I have done enough, I do believe.

Yesterday I celebrated my 44th birthday. I don't really mind being my age, but I do wish I were younger so that having more children could be an option at some point. That is my only problem with being 44. I celebrated the day by leaving Michaela with my parents for a little while and taking myself for a manicure and a pedicure. What used to be a regular way to pamper myself has become a once-in-a-great-while treat, and a nice way to enjoy my special day. In the evening, my sister and I (I was just the sous chef) made a delicious dinner of meatballs and polenta for a family dinner at my parents' house. Julie also made panacotta for dessert. Delicious! We enjoyed having my dear friend Teresa, and her beau Toby, and their little son Wren join us.

Tomorrow we will go to my parents, and that's when I hope to get my wrapping done. So much to do, so little time left to do it! Christmas Day is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.