Friday, December 16, 2011

Ho, Ho, Waaaaaa!

Mom, who is this guy, and why am I sitting on his lap?!

I don't think I've blogged about my decision to play down Santa in the years to come. He's just not going to be the star attraction of our Christmas seasons, and he's not going to be promoted as nonfiction. Perhaps more on that another time as there are several reasons why, and I'm just too tired at this point to explain myself. However, I would like to have a yearly picture (while she's little) of Michaela on Santa's lap, if she's a willing participant.

Michaela had no idea what was going on today, and the whole thing sort of took her by surprise. She had just awakened from a short nap, and was still kind of groggy when we entered Santa's whatever-you-call-it. It was a little house-like dwelling with a single room and a counter behind which several "elves" with cameras were doing their thing. It was cozy enough, I suppose, and the gentleman in the red suit was very good with her. Nevertheless, she was not sure about this new experience, and she started to cry shortly afterward. This was the best shot we got before she really let me know what she thought about the whole thing.

In the end, Mommy got a cute picture, and the experience of dressing up my sweet baby girl in a darling wintry outfit. Mission accomplished!

Edited to add other moments with Santa as taken by Grammy:





1 comment:

  1. These are GREAT Santa pictures! I love the one with her lower lip pouting before the big cry best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.