Wednesday, September 16, 2015

First Week of School

Here I am! I can't believe it's been a week since my last post, but school started last week and, well, need I say more? 

I'm not the only one who went back to school. Michaela started her second year of preschool on Tuesday of last week.

Here she is modeling her first day of school outfit:



My girl loves the camera, so she continued posing once she arrived at school:


Silly sweetie!

Although I signed Michaela up for a preschool class, she was place in a transitional kindergarten class instead. It turned out that the school needed to balance some classes because they have a high boy-to-girl ratio. So, while Michaela is really too young for a TK class, she has the right social skills and academic readiness to hang in there with the slightly older kiddos.

She loves her teacher!


Last night was Back-to-School Night at the preschool, and I really like her teacher, too.

Michaela has decided that naps aren't really her thing anymore, so this happens a lot on the way home:




I'm not quite that tired, thankfully. Compared to teaching fourth and fifth grade, sixth grade is more manageable. I have a lot more time every day for planning, prepping, grading, and contacting parents. I've been asking myself why I didn't make this change a long time ago?!

1 comment:

  1. Love her! She is just too cute! And I am soooo glad your year is going well so far. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.