Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Appointments

I saw my OB yesterday. We talked about my back pain, and I told her I didn't feel ready to return to work. She was very understanding, and we agreed to extend my leave for another two weeks. The soonest I'll go back is March 8th. I feel a great sense of relief about that outcome.

We also talked about my glucose test. Turns out my number was 159, but the cutoff is 140. Therefore, I must take the three-hour test. Lucky me! I've scheduled that for Friday morning. So, no nutrition counseling for now. Hopefully, I'll pass the test on Friday and be done with it.

After seeing the OB, I went to the dentist. I usually go to the dentist three times a year, but I hadn't been since last July. My most recent appointment should have been in November or December (can't remember which), but I had to cancel and reschedule due to my migraines. Needless to say, my teeth and gums were/are in pretty bad shape after being somewhat neglected. The hygienist did her level best to clean up my dirty mouth. I think it was a lot of work for her, and I know that I bled a lot, but she didn't complain. I'll go back in June for another cleaning and probably some x-rays. Let's hope there are no cavities in my pearly whites. I've never had one before, and I don't want to start getting cavities now. I thought the recliner I sat in at the dentist's office was the most comfortable piece of furniture I've been on in a long time. Wish I could borrow one for a couple of months!

Today's appointment is a prenatal massage. I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Joanna
    I came over from Patti Hanan's blog. The title of your blog is very meaningful to me, it is taken from one of my favorite verses.

    Couldn't help but read up on your posts. Been here for over an hour already, scrolling down and reading your stories.

    So honest, so touching... the way you honestly share your pain and grief touch my heart.

    I love your strong faith. Yours is a blog I would love to follow.

    Praying for you and the baby. I also viewed the youtube clip of Michael. So gifted, and so full of life.

    What a great gift the death of Jesus is, that through it, he was victorious over death, and both you and I are looking forward to that wedding banquet in heaven when one day we will be reunited with our loved ones, never to be separated again.

    Your honesty and openness are so refreshing. Thank you.... Although I have met you only a few hours ago, after reading most of your posts, I feel like I know you.

    I really think blog friendships are amazing... God's gifts to help His children connect through cyberspace.


    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am so sorry for the loss of your friends. :( Cancer is so, so evil. But, I am glad for two more weeks off for you! I will pray your second test goes well. And, I must say my recliner was my FAVORITE pregnancy gift with Caden! I slept in it every night the last couple of months of my pregnancy, and nursed in it constantly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.