Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 19 - Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

I am thankful for music. It has always been a big part of my life, and because of music I met the man I would marry!

When I was a kid I started taking piano lessons, and I sang in the school chorus and the children's church choir. I still remember some of those performances and the excitement I felt then.

When I was in high school, I sang in the Concert Choir and the Troubadours. I have so many good memories of learning great music, traveling near and far for competitions and performances, and the wonderful friendships made. One of my dearest friends to this day, Kristina, was a fellow choir member.

As a young adult, I began singing with the worship team at my church. That's where Michael and I met! I wish that we had made more music together before he got sick, but we will do much of that in Eternity.

Lastly, I endeavored to sing and songwrite in the country music arena. I co-wrote the material for the CD I recorded in 2000, and using that as a marketing piece I was able to open for the Bellamy Brothers, Ricochet, Blake Shelton, and the subdudes at local venues. Fun, fun times! I only wish that Michael had been a part of those experiences.

These days, I make up silly songs to sing to Michaela. She seems to be musically inclined, and I can't wait to see what she decides to do with music in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.