Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's All Good

Things are swell. Here's a little update:

We are healthy once again. Although I feel like every time I put Michaela in the nursery at church, I have just hung a big target on us both for some other set of germs to lay siege upon us. How's that for optimistic? Hopefully we have made it through the worst of flu and cold season. I have used enough sick days this year, thank you very much!

Aside from waking up an hour earlier each day this week than I did last week, I am loving Daylight Savings Time. It's so nice to have that extra hour of sunshine after work. I think we'll have to take advantage of it and get to the park in the afternoon more often. I say that, but when we get home I usually just crash. I'm so tired at that point. It's hard being a working mom. Sigh...

Report cards are done. Parent conferences are next week. This is the time of the school year where we really seem to enter the home stretch. It will be June before we know it. Yea!

Spring break is just two more weeks away. Michaela and I will be spending it in Massachusetts with our new friend and his children. My sister will be traveling with us. Pretty exciting. Lots of really good things going on between us. I feel really blessed and hopeful about the future. I'm itching to blog about it, but I don't think my friend wants me to. That's okay. I'm not even sure where I'd begin.

My friend and I are reading a book together called War of Words, by Paul David Tripp. He came bearing books for Michaela and me when he visited last month. That was a good choice on his part. I love books! Anyway, it's a great look at communication from a biblical perspective. Very convicting content. I recommend it. I can see how, if taken to heart, it could really help to change the communication in a Christian home between spouses, and between parents and children.

Lastly, I heard this quote today on a Christian radio program and it seems apropos:


When we lose one blessing, 
another is often most unexpectedly given in its place. 
~ C.S. Lewis

So true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.