Saturday, March 16, 2013

One Word 2013 - March


"Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" is one of my favorite hymns. I had no idea until tonight, when I was looking for a video to imbed here, that it was written by a widow, Louisa Stead. Can you believe that? The video tells her story:



Made me tear up because a sister in sorrow wrote that sweet song. I have learned that there is no other way through this journey of widowhood than to trust in Jesus. I was not left destitute financially like the songwriter was, but my life seemed devastated in other ways. Three years out and I'm still trusting him with our lives, and He has provided in so many ways all along. I've been incredibly blessed despite the painful loss of Michael.

Have you ever felt like the Lord was leading you into something new and life changing? I feel like I've reached the end of one season of life, and that a new season of life is about to begin - kind of like the last few days of winter just now, and the beginning of spring next week. It's like He's making all things new in my life once again. An incredible turn of events that I did not expect. And while I am so hopeful and excited for what He is doing, I need to continue to trust Him with all the possible changes this new season may bring.


I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.