Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thirteen Weeks

Fetus at thirteen weeks

Baby Labrador is about the size of a peach at this point, and I think my bladder is all too aware of that! I'm up several times a night to relieve myself. But that's no biggie. This past week was better than last, but I'm still dealing with nausea in the afternoons and evenings. I go to bed really early to escape my misery. Then I usually have to get up before midnight and eat something. The crazy hunger pains have not subsided, and I'm forced to feed myself even though I feel queasy. I must admit that although I love my baby, but I don't love being pregnant - at least not so far.

This is the last week of my first trimester. Perhaps I'll start to feel better soon?

4 comments:

  1. You will. Let's think positively. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying that you will! Most women do, but it's that "most" that can get ya! I hope you are in the majority! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to see you at 13 weeks!
    and yes, you will feel better. for some folks it is like a light switch (BETTER!) for others, a slower evolution. I hope for you, you wake and say, Oh! so this is what good feels like!

    Joannah, eat when you can, sleep when you have to, and know that, as with everything, what is happening now is just for now-- things change, improve, your bladder will get a break for a few months (much of that is hormones believe it or not)--
    and
    if you cup your hands
    you'll see, you could fit a peach in there.

    holding you in my thoughts and heart always,

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope you turn a corner soon....it's no fun when you don't get to enjoy the pregnancy. Just keep doing whatever for works for you in the interim. It's been a rough road, praying for ease, joy & glory for the remainder of your pregnancy. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.