Friday, February 15, 2013

One Word 2013 - February


As I attempt to write this post tonight, I am once again sitting in bed next to my congested and clingy baby punkin. She will not rest unless I am here with her. Consequently, the dishes are undone, her bag for tomorrow is unpacked, the trash is overflowing, and many other things will go undone tonight. So, presently I am trusting the Lord to heal my sweet girl and restore her to good health so that our nighttime routine can return to normal, and I can have a little time to myself in the evenings once again (and the chores can get done).

I have found my circumstances in the last couple of weeks to be challenging in some ways, and I've really had to remind myself to trust the Lord. And, just when I start to falter in my trust, He blesses me. He is so good. He is so faithful. My needs and concerns matter to Him. I just need to rest in that.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
{Philippians 4:6-7}

Trust = Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Reading your comments is one of the rewarding aspects of blogging.